The Narrative Monopoly
#28 - Mark Nelson, Nuclear Energy
A conversation with Mark Nelson on all things nuclear energy
Mark Nelson is a Managing Director at Radiant Energy Fund. He’s one of the world’s foremost authorities on nuclear energy. In his capacity with the fund, he fights to keep Nuclear energy plants open around the world.
- 1:00 - Intro to Mark & Radiant Energy Fund
- 4:45 - Belgium’s 2 nuclear plants & the green plan
- 9:30 - Why nuclear? Nuclear vs other energy 101
- 18:00 - Is nuclear safe?
- 23:00 - Price disparity between nuclear and nat gas
- 28:30 - The argument against nuclear, Mark steel man’s himself
- 34:45 - Coming Russian of nat gas this winter
- 38:45 - NY state closed Indian Point nuclear plant and there will be electricity shortages this winter
- 47:45 - Climate change and intersectionality
- 50:45 - Chernobyl + HBO’s Chernobyl making people fearful
- 54:15 - Nuclear reactors and plants in the United States
- 56:30 - Mark’s political philosophy (not partisan)
- 1:00:30 - The recent saving of a nuclear plant in Illinois
- 1:09:45 - Will Mark and I buy a nuclear plant? How much do they cost?